President – Central Board of Cricket Association, Gujarat
Vice President – Gujarat State Cricket Association
- Thanks to Amit Bhai’s efforts, the jurisdiction of cricket ground of Gujarat Science College was transferred from the State Government to Gujarat Cricket Association. Consequently, over 200 cricket matches are now played every year at this ground. This facility and practice opportunity has helped dozens of cricket players from Gujarat breaking into different IPL teams.
- For the first time Amit Bhai created posts of Director, Deputy Director, and Coach at GCA academy. His thoughtful initiative ensured better training for youngsters which resulted in a number of young players getting included in India’s U-19 cricket team.
- It’s Amit Bhai’s vision and commitment that the deposit base of GCA has gone up to Rs. 163 crore from Rs. 22.25 crores.
- Earlier, only those players who have played a minimum of 24 Ranji matches received pension from BCCI. Today however, thanks to the initiative taken by Amit Bhai players who have played even one Ranji match from Gujarat are entitled to get this pension. Even wives of former cricketers now get pension and this has given a big boost to their financial security.
- Ahmedabad’s Motera Stadium is now being redeveloped as one of the most modern stadiums in the world.